Happy New Year! I can’t believe that is already a brand new year. I feel like time with Elle is going super fast and it has been so great to watch her grow and learn since she was born. Although 2017 was awesome in many ways it was also a struggle. I never did quite get the chance to make any goals or make a bucket list like I normally do and since I have “my footing” a little more I want to make sure that in 2018 I get back to making the most of my year.
So first, I do goals and a bucket list because I feel like my goals are something that I really want to try and accomplish throughout the year where as my bucket list is a number of items that I want to try and complete throughout the year and some stuff I get to and some stuff I don’t. I don’t stress what I don’t get to because a year is a long time but life happens and I don’t want to feel horrible at the end of the year because I placed too much emphasis on too many things and ran out of time. I plan to have a Bucket List Party because planning with friends is always more fun but until then I’ll start working on my goals and get this year off to a great start.
1.Drink more water – I know this sounds like a dumb goal but I don’t drink nearly enough H2O. Some days I don’t drink any water at all. Not to mention I love juice so water takes a backseat about 75% of the time. BUT I know that water is good for me so I want to try my hardest to incorporate it into my diet. Well not diet because I don’t believe in those but you know what I mean…
2. Read more – Honestly, I love to read I just don’t make time for it the way I should. I love the way reading makes me feel and how I feel transported to another world and I can’t believe I am robbing myself of that feeling. I want to try with reading a little everyday and build from there. I do read thanks in part to my Book Club I am apart of but not enough or as much as I should. By the way being in a Book Club is so fun and you can start your own like I talked about in a previous post.
3. Pray more – I pray but not enough. I often fall asleep at night before I can say my prayers and that leaves some days without a convo with my main man, which is unacceptable. So point blank period I need to set aside more time to let the one and only know how much I love and appreciate his blessings.
4. Workout more – Or actually it should be workout at all. If you don’t count toting Elle around, going down the apartment steps once a day and up the steps once a day, or running to my car after work then I technically have not worked out since before Elle was born. Wait I give myself more credit. I worked out once after Elle was born. Can’t believe I was getting ready to leave out that accomplishment. But for real for real. I need to workout not only for me but for my health. I feel comfortable in my skin but I am not doing my body justice by not keeping myself in shape. I know I will need to start slow but I am hoping that once I build a routine I can stick with it. Fingers crossed!
5. Blog more – I have a lot to say and a lot of the time I don’t end up getting to say it because I am so busy doing others things and don’t set enough time to blog. I want to put out more content and be successful at giving my opinions, thoughts, and ideas. I think I will start out once a week and go from there. HOPEFULLY I can stick to it but I am excited to see what the year has in store.
6. Spend time with the ones I love – I spend a lot of time with my family and friends but I want to continue to do that. I feel like myself and my best self when I am with them and the memories that we make are priceless. Elle is getting bigger and more curious and I am so excited to spend the year feeding her curiosity. I can’t wait to expose her to “big girl” activities and see how she reacts to them. I am also looking forward to keeping the same family traditions and also creating new ones.
Well those are my goals for the year and with a little push and motivation I am sure (I hope) that I can accomplish them 🙂
What are your 2018 goals? Leave them in the comments!
Until Next Time…