Now that I have made it through my first year of mommy hood there are some products that I can’t imagine surviving without. Of course there are a ton of brands and products that I love but these 8 are by far my favorite.
1. Fridababy NoseFrida Nasal Aspirator – When I first saw this I thought how gross what if I get snot in my mouth? This aspirator not only prevents that but it is great at getting snot out by giving a little more oomph during the sucking that you can’t get using a regular aspirator. It is also a breeze to clean which those bulbs are definitely not.
2. Mommy’s Bliss Probiotic Drops – Elle was a gassy baby and would fuss throughout the day from tummy aches. Once I started giving her these drops to help with her digestion she was a whole new baby.
3. Similac Sensitive On-the- Go Infant Formula – Even though I breastfed for a year I never did produce enough and once Elle reached about two months I had to supplement with formula. Similac Sensitive was not only easy on her tummy but the On-the-Go formula was perfect since it was already made and could easily be added to breastmilk. Elle wouldn’t even drink formula made with powder so not like I had a choice but it was a lifesaver in many ways. I will also add that when you sign-up on similac.com they will send coupons that help tremendously in cutting cost.
4. Phillips Avent Natural Bottle – Elle did take to a bottle rather quickly but finding the right bottle for her was hard. We started with Playtex but the flow was way too fast. Dr. Brown’s was a no go too. The Avent bottles were perfect for her. Not only the various flow nipples but the fact that the bottles were natural and similar to a breast so she took them to much better.
5. A+D Original Diaper Rash Ointment – We started out using Destin which I have no complaints about but after talking to a doctor some ointment is geared more towards healing and some towards preventing. A+D is more for preventing and after one really bad diaper rash we slather this on every diaper change and she has not had a diaper rash since.
6. Huggies Overnites Diapers – Elle pees ALOT at night. Regular diapers don’t always leak but when they do it sucks. Pajamas wet, sheets wet, just not a great time, especially in the middle of the night. These diapers keep her drier and they hold way more than a regular diaper does making nighttime much easier.
7. Medela Harmony Manual Breast Pump – I received a Medela electric pump through my insurance but did not want to have that as my only option or carry it around everywhere. This manual pump was great for short periods of travel, day to day outings, and it was actually more convenient to take this to work with me. It isn’t to expensive and the parts really are just the right size for carrying.
8. Boudreaux’s Paste Maximum Strength Diaper Rash Ointment – That one really bad diaper rash Elle had broke my heart! Her skin was so raw and red and I knew she was in pain. I used some of this to try and tame it after days of no progress and overnight I could tell it was healing fast. Anytime I think I see a glimmer of a rash (it’s usually nothing but you can never be too sure) I break this out and coat it on thick.
Some of these products I still use but others I don’t since Elle is bigger. Will do another blog post on items that have transitioned with us from babyhood to toddlerhood. Hope this list inspires you to try some of these awesome baby products!